Everyone Deserves A Home…
Buying a home is one of the biggest decisions you’ll make in life. At ARBO REALTY we’ll help make purchasing your home as seamless as possible. Buying a home is exciting but there’s a lot to consider. Take time to define the needs and desires you seek in a home. Prioritize your needs and evaluate your budget. Know what you can spend on a down payment, as well as monthly expenditures like -monthly mortgage, real estate taxes, utilities, etc.
Some Advice from One Of the Experts
- Determine your budget for a down payment and amount you are able to spend monthly. Consider monthly expenditures such as your mortgage, maintenance or common charges and real estate taxes, utilities, etc.
- Get pre-approved for a mortgage, look into credit report, FICO score, type of mortgage, shop for best rates, and programs.
- Identify your timeline for moving.
- Find a real estate agent who specializes in Long Island Real Estate.
- Determine your needs and prioritize your wants: style of home, size, location, building amenities, condo, or house.
- Explore different neighborhoods to determine which ones suit your needs.
- Evaluate access to transportation and commuting time to work in selected neighborhoods.
- If applicable, research schools and review school reports in selected neighborhoods.
- Evaluate the homes amenities in terms of your needs. (e.g. washer/dryer connection, storage facilities, garage, etc.)
- Discuss with your agent how much to offer and allow room to negotiate. Your agent will be able to advise based on how long the property has been on the market, condition of home, other offers that have been presented, and how the asking price compares to recently sold similar properties.
- Let your agent prepare your offer and apply trained negotiating skills during the buying process. Your agent will advise you of any final negotiating factors that may benefit you in the purchase.
- Once you have chosen a home, have both your agent and your attorney evaluate the homes financial statements.
- Once your offer is accepted work closely with your agent to gather materials for your mortgage application.
- Before you move in, obtain homeowners insurance. Get quotes, compare and secure an insurance policy with appropriate coverage.