As an investment property owner, ask yourself:
- Is the location of my investment property too far from my primary residence?
- Do I have the time to manage and maintain my property?
- Do I have a high vacancy rate or problems with my cash flow?
- What is my tolerance for dealing with tenants?
- Can I afford to make mistakes such as being accused of discrimination because I don’t fully understand the Fair Housing laws?
- Can I be labeled a “slum lord” for not getting the heat fixed or necessary repairs completed in a timely fashion. Can this lead to the demise of or loss of my investment property?
If these questions are some of your concerns, we suggest you hire an ARBO REALTY Property Manager! At ARBO REALTY the Property Management division ensures our landlords have maximum occupancy and property values are maintained. We act as a third party and handle the daily operations of rental investments. At ARBO REALTY we manage all types of properties from single and multi-family homes to large apartment complexes.
ARBO REALTY Property Management Division Handles:
- Setting Rent– We know how to set the right rent level to attract tenants to a property. We have an understanding of the market where the property is located and have looked at comparable properties in the area.
- Collecting Rent– We ensure optimal cash flow by setting a date to collect rent each month and strictly enforce due dates and late fees.
- Finding Tenants– We are responsible for marketing the property to fill vacancies. We know where to advertise and what to include in the ads to attract possible tenants.
- Screening Tenants– We are responsible for sorting through the prospective tenant applications to find the tenant that is the best fit for a property. We have a consistent and thorough screening process, which can decrease the chances of renting to an unqualified applicant. As experienced property managers we have a better idea of how to select the right tenants; those who will pay their rent on time, have a longer tenancy and create fewer problems.
- Handling Leases– We are responsible for obtaining leases. We make sure the lease agreement has all the necessary provisions to protect the owner.
- Handling Complaints/Emergencies– We handle maintenance requests and complaints and have the necessary contacts to handle emergency situations.
- Maintenance– We are in charge of performing preventative property maintenance to keep the property functioning in top condition. For example, we handle the hiring of someone to exterminate, check for leaks, landscape, shovel snow and remove trash. This maintenance aims to keep current tenants happy and attract new tenants.
- Repairs– When there is an issue, we have a network of tradesmen we can hire to attend to common home repair issues.
- Vacant Properties– We oversee vacant properties to reduce the risk of vandalism and to perform routine maintenance. We also oversee repairs and maintenance when needed and ensure contractors and other repairmen are completing their work in a timely manner.
Give ARBO REALTY a call if you are interested in having a dedicated professional manage your investment property.